|Benefits:||FT Benefits include Vision, Dental, Health, FSA and 401k, Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:|
To maintain computer systems including:
3.Create and maintain inventory and cleaning schedule
4.Assemble and configure new PC's when appropriate
5.Perform repairs and upgrades as needed
3.Proper storage of diskettes and manuals
4.Installation of programs
5.Maintenance/upgrading of all systems
6.Maintain network and oversee systems at all locations
7.Develop tracking system/logging system for software
8.Serve in a consulting capacity to staff and supervisors
|Duties:|| SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Create and maintain policies and procedures regarding all aspects of Information Systems.
2. Troubleshoot any problems with printers and maintain properly including cleaning schedule.
3. Responsible for maintaining networking system.
4. Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems
for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including
offsite repair for remote users as needed.
5. Develop training sessions and training manuals for employees who need guidance with software programs.
6. Perform backups and general maintenance of all systems.
7. Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, network cards, and other components and equipment.
8. Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop
9. Install all software.
10. Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including
the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard
drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, etc.
11. Maintain network security and users/menus.
12. Advise, seek approval of, and follow through with computer related purchases.
13. Properly complete and provide documentation regarding computer issues (i.e., purchase requisitions, disposal requests, task logs, etc.).
14. Install and/or troubleshoot various types of phones (analog, digital, VoIP).
15. Any other responsibility appropriate to the IS TECHNICIANs area of expertise.
In addition to the Specific Responsibilities outlined above, General Responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
The General Responsibilities of this position include the ability to communicate and interact with the public, co-workers, other departments, supervisors, suppliers, contractors, and consultants.
B. Physical Tasks:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. General Tasks:
Without assistance, employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to climb ladders/stairs, walk, crawl, sit, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, have full physical dexterity and agility, and eye/hand coordination.
2. Specific Tasks:
This position requires the ability to operate a vehicle, small equipment, power tools and electrical testing instruments.
C. Cognitive Tasks:
1. Language Skills:
Employee must have the ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals and operating and maintenance instructions and computer languages/codes.
Employee must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
2. Mathematical Skills:
Employee must have the ability to calculate and count, add, subtract, multiply, divide and work with fractions, decimals and percentages.
3. Reasoning Ability:
Employee must have the ability to comprehend, retain and follow oral and written instructions, exercise good judgment, set priorities, concentrate and focus on sensitive materials or items, listen, analyze, problem solve, make decisions and self-motivation and discipline.
D. Skills and Abilities:
Employee must be able to type over 40 wpm, skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, calculator, data entry. Make informative and persuasive presentations, negotiate, self-direct, work without supervision, function in high stress situations, provide instruction/training, direct, inspect and organize.
E. The IS TECHNICIAN shall assume other responsibilities as requested by a supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the Specific and General Responsibilities satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of the education and/or experience required to perform this job:
A. Required Licenses, Certificates, Degrees and/or experience:
Must possess a valid Driver's License, with a driving record acceptable to Opportunity Enterprises, Inc. insurance carrier.
Must have high school diploma/GED
Experience in networking and Microsoft 2007 & 2010 preferred.
Must be able to service any and all locations with own transportation.
Must be extremely fluent with Windows and must possess ability to build and repair PC's, servers, and other network hardware.
Experience with WordPress and web hosting is also a plus.
B. Continuing Requirements:
Must keep all, licenses, and registrations current.
Must attend training for software/hardware used as required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.